The official blog of The Daily.
Download the app for the full interactive experience.
Ahhh… the weekend wonderland, when lounge time… exists. Grab your iPad and curl up with our WKND section, packed with entertainment and inspiration. Here are just a few of our favorites this week:
- 007 TO THE NINES The ‘Skyfall’ costume director tells us about dressing James Bond
- VANNA WHITE The ‘Wheel of Fortune’ legend talks motherhood, sparkly gowns and 30 years on the job
- DEAR RED STATES Dear Coquette’s open letter to the other side of the political divide
- IN A PICKLE The quick way to pickle just about anything
- OMG YUM Former ‘Top Chef’ judge Melanie Dunea shows off her recipe for Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
- AMERICA THE BEARD-IFUL A fuzzy history of this country’s ever-changing facial hair
It’s the weekend! And our WKND style magazine is back, with everything from Meryl Streep’s TV star daughter to a “Top Chef” judge’s favorite banana bread recipe. Here are a few to start with:
- DEAR SESAME STREET Coquette’s open letter to the residents of America’s favorite borough
- PSYCHO-ANALYSIS Woody Harrelson’s nut job character in “Seven Psychopaths” is far from his first — or his craziest
- WARRIOR POET The newest cast member of “The Walking Dead” fills us in on her hotly-anticipated, sword-swinging character
- DITCH THE FITTING ROOM Try out a new body-scanning technology for the perfect pair of jeans
It’s getting crisp outside, and our WKND style section is here to help you harvest the best in life. Here are just a few of our favorites this week:
- APPLES TO APPLES Your guide to apple picking season
- XOXO, ERIC DAMAN The secrets of Gossip Girl’s costume designer
- GET IN GEAR Don’t let cool weather send you into exercise hibernation. Sweat it out with these fall workout essentials
- FASHION FACE OFF Two talents. Two iconic labels. So who wins: YSL or Christian Dior?
- HER VIEW Joy Behar answered our get-to-know-you questionnaire
Now download the Daily app and get cozy with your WKND!
Ahhh… the weekend: Where breakfasts are slower, “five more minutes” isn’t just a fleeting, laughable wish, and lounge time… exists. This weekend, grab your iPad and disconnect for a little while. Our WKND section is packed with entertainment and inspiration, perfect to get your weekend started right. Here’s a sample of what we’ve got for you:
- The truth about cashmere
- Steve Buscemi eyes are one thing, but check out these stars with Bruce Willis lips
- How to spoil your puppy: Make seasonal doggy donuts
- Rapper T.I. stops by for an interview to talk about his new novel, and what ‘trouble’ means to him
- Coquette on curvy vs. fat, and the significance of ’90s nostalgia
- PLUS: Wedding Dos and Don’ts from Hollywood’s premiere planners
If you don’t have our iPad app yet, what are you waiting for?
We’re doing a happy dance — the weekend is here! Time to curl up with the Daily iPad app and dive into our WKND style magazine. There’s so much to explore. Here’s just a sampling of our favorites:
- MERMAIDS MAKING A SPLASH Vampires? Psh. So last year. Mermaids are pop culture’s new favorite mythical creature.
- CLINT’S CARBON COPIES Clint Eastwood’s new movie role is exactly like every other role he’s played since 1992.
- LENA VS. LOUIS Which television triple-threat is worthy of Emmy love: Lena Dunham or Louis C.K.?
- DEAR LINDSAY LOHAN Get it together, girl. Just a little unsolicited advice for LiLo from our Coquette.
- 3-DIMENSIONAL WISDOM Why retrofitting classic films with a new 3-D gloss makes massive amounts of money.
Phew — you made it to the weekend! Time to relax, put your feet up, and open up our iPad app. We hope you enjoy this week’s issue of WKND magazine as much as we enjoyed putting it together. Here’s a preview of what’s inside:
- Mad Men’s newest member Ben Feldman talks to The Daily about Ginsberg, Peggy, and his Emmy nomination.
- Why is Andy Warhol more famous now than ever?
- Coquette offers up some unsolicited advice for Chris Brown.
- Junot Diaz on his new book, his Pulitzer, and cheatin’ hearts
Got something in mind you’d like to see in our next issue? Tell us on Facebook!
[Ben Feldman photo by www.denisecrew.com]
[Junot Diaz photo by www.victoriawill.com]
The weekend is finally here! And our WKND style magazine is back, brimming with everything from technology etiquette from Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter to medical advice for uncontrollable snarting (really). We picked a few of our favorites:
- SKINNYFAT Skinny ≠ healthy. It’s possible to appear thin and be deceptively, unhealthily fat.
- AMANDA PALMER The musical wild child and professional party-thrower filled us in on her fan-funded new album.
- DINNER ON THE ROCKS Next time you set the table use the lowballs. Whiskey’s the new dinner drink.
- ALL DOLLED UP Stephen Burrows and The Blonds dissect their Barbie makeovers for New York Fashion Week.
- LAND OF PLENTY 5 reasons Puerto Rico is the best hassle-free island getaway.
For the real deal, tap open your Daily app. Have a great WKND!
Happy Saturday! Time to go another round with our fancy WKND style magazine. This week we’re bringing you everything from year-round waterfront getaways to wine and cheese knife pairings. Feast your eyes on a few of our faves:
- ALL ABOUT ABE We investigate the explosion of Lincoln-centric projects in film and TV.
- RAGS TO RICHES INDEX Plotting the ascents of the rich and famous
- UNSOLICITED ADVICE Coquette’s got a word or two for Ann Romney
- GAME-PLANNING YOUR HEALTH You don’t get healthy by accident! We’ll show you how to pick a wellness coach.
- GOODBYE, JEKYLL Is Walter White a monster? Or suffering from depression? Claire Howorth dissects Breaking Bad’s baddie.
Tap open your Daily app for more — and have a happy Labor Day WKND!
It’s Saturday — everybody dance! That means our WKND style magazine is back, packed full of juicy interviews with provocative up-and-comers, delicious dishes, and even fashion suggestions for snazzy guys and Augusta National members alike. A few favorites:
- MARGARET CHO The hilarious comedian opens up about what it’s like to play Korean dictator Kim Jong-Il on “30 Rock” (he sets off her ‘gay-dar’).
- COQUETTE AGAINST THE DUGGARS She’s at it again with her Unsolicited Advice — this time, she’s looking at you, Duggar family.
- AUGUSTA BLAZERS Beyoncé’s clothing line with her mom, House of Deréon, sketched an exclusive women’s design of the famed Augusta Golf Club (and historically boy’s club) blazer.
- GABBY DOUGLAS The Olympic wonder girl tells us what’s next after the Games, and spills her celebrity crush!
- IRA GLASS & MIKE BIRBIGLIA We don’t know what’s better about this duo: Their new film, or their witty banter. You decide.
- DIY Our How-To experts show you how to snazz up your look with three easy pocket square folds.
Get comfy, because you’re not going to want to put down your Daily app for a while. Enjoy!
[Photo of Ira Glass and Mike Birbiglia by victoriawill.com]
This is why Saturday is the best day of the week! Our WKND style magazine is back, packed full of juicy DIY projects, spicy kitchen suggestions, and an interview with tenacious writer-slash-actor Rashida Jones. Tap open your app and dive right in! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Parks and Recreation’s straight-faced comedienne Rashida Jones talks making it in Hollywood, and writing and starring in her new movie “Celeste and Jesse Forever.”
- How to make a rustic mason jar chandelier
- The 5 worst movie remakes of all time
- Nicoletta Pizzeria is the talk of NYC, and chef Michael White is here to teach you how to make his Wisconsin-style signature
- This quiet island getaway is the East Coast’s best kept secret
Grab your coffee, get comfy, and enjoy the WKND!