The official blog of The Daily.
Download the app for the full interactive experience.
The call of the wild is back! Reversing a 20-year trend, 28 states have seen an uptick in hunting and fishing in the past five years, even among kids.
Overall, 11 percent more Americans older than 16 fished and 9 percent more hunted in 2011 than in 2006. Those numbers were up among kids, too — for children ages 6 to 15, 13 percent more hunted, setting a record of 1.8 million, and 2 percent more fished.
The largest increases were seen in Alaska and Louisiana. Alaska also boasted the highest proportion of resident anglers — 40 percent — while South Dakota had the largest proportion of hunters at 21 percent.
- j0hnappleseed likes this
- jamie-reads-thenews reblogged this from thedailyfeed
- ambermray likes this
- missclairemarie likes this
- rabeeali likes this
- fishystories likes this
- inbetween-dreams likes this
- kostasgeorgioy reblogged this from thedailyfeed
- kostasgeorgioy likes this
- ithinkthusmaybeiam reblogged this from thedailyfeed
- itsm33k5 likes this
- angienisme likes this
- radon-t reblogged this from thedailyfeed
- radon-t likes this
- thedailyfeed posted this