The official blog of The Daily.
Download the app for the full interactive experience.
From the state that brought American taxpayers the infamous “bridge to nowhere” comes another seemingly ridiculous earmark: the “boat to nowhere,” an $8.5 million federally-funded ferry that connects two tiny Alaskan towns — one with only 250 residents.
“We call it the boat to nowhere because, like the bridge to nowhere, it was a totally useless earmark,” said Melanie Sloan, head of the advocacy group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.
- ninjack likes this
- listen-look-feel likes this
- milkplusknives likes this
- maybeblue likes this
- meetjoewhite reblogged this from thedailyfeed and added:
- redirisheyes reblogged this from thedailyfeed
- alicechalice reblogged this from thedailyfeed and added:
- thedailyfeed posted this