The official blog of The Daily.
Download the app for the full interactive experience.
Seventeen-year-old Seth Jones, whose father, Popeye Jones, played for six teams in his 12-year NBA career, could be hockey’s next big thing.
Potentially the best player on a team with several projected first-round picks, the 6-foot-4, 205-pound high school senior purposefully moves through a series of 2-on-1 drills, showcasing the quick reflexes and two-way skills that have drawn comparisons to seven-time Norris Trophy winner Nicklas Lidstrom of the Detroit Red Wings. It’s easy to see why many scouts think the defenseman could be the top overall pick in the 2013 NHL draft.
“His hockey IQ is outstanding and on top of that he’s a really good athlete,” Under-18 head coach Danton Cole said. “When he learns something, he learns it and it doesn’t take him six months. Not a lot of guys have that. He turns it into an asset.”
- screeching-measel reblogged this from thedailyfeed
- reallanemeyer likes this
- barkingcarnival reblogged this from sportsnetny and added:
- barkingcarnival likes this
- mightyflynn likes this
- herblondness likes this
- lesliesaurus-rex reblogged this from sportsnetny
- supercrap likes this
- theycallmedamico reblogged this from sportsnetny
- nyislandersprincess reblogged this from sportsnetny
- sportsnetny reblogged this from thedailyfeed
- kimblasiansue likes this
- paulproteus likes this
- columnalic likes this
- thereisstilllight likes this
- occupywallsheet reblogged this from thedailyfeed
- corpsepose likes this
- adistinctivetaste likes this
- thedailyfeed posted this